We don’t want to alarm you, but a good CSR strategy is vital for the survival of your business. Don’t just take our word for it though. In this section we’ve outlined some key research and statistics that show the strategic business benefits of an impactful CSR strategy.
See below for the latest CSR quotes and sustainability statistics that showcase the strategic benefits to your organisation if you have a quality CSR strategy.
- 87% of consumers would be willing to buy a product or service based on a company’s social responsibility policy. – Forbes
- CSR functions are responsible for more than 40% of a company’s reputation – Forbes
- 55% of consumers are willing to pay extra for products or services from companies that have dedicated CSR plans – Nielsen
- 71% of consumers hope companies will take the lead on the social issues they find important – Cone Communications CSR Study
“Corporate social responsibility is a hard-edged business decision. Not because it is a nice thing to do or because people are forcing us to do it… because it is good for our business”Niall Fitzerald, Former CEO, Unilever
- Engaging in socially valuable projects can reduce employee turnover by approx 50% – Babson College Study
- Half of employees believe their employer should connect them with opportunities for charitable engagement – Charities Snapshot
- 70% of millennials list their company’s commitment to the community as an influence on their decision to work there. – Deloitte.
“Train people well enough so they can leave. Treat them well enough so they don’t want to.”Sir Richard Branson
Your investors and shareholders
- CSR strategies can help companies avoid revenue losses of roughly 7% – Project ROI
- Companies with a clearly defined sense of purpose are up to 50% more likely to successfully expand into a new market – The Business Case for Purpose
- Increase productivity by up to 13% – Nielsen
- Companies with inclusive agendas generate up to 30% higher revenue per employee and greater profitability than their competitors – Deloitte
- A study of 22,000 investment professionals found that 78 percent have increased their investments in CSR-focused firms. Schroders 2019
- Up to 80% Increase in valuation for companies with strong stakeholder relationships – Forbes, Project ROI
“I don’t want our success to be measured only by financials, distribution or number of shops. What I want to be celebrated for is how good we are to our employees and how we benefit our community. It’s a different bottom line.”Anita Roddick
Let’s start the conversation.
Schedule a Meeting with a CSR & Sustainability Expert or fill in the form below and we will be in touch to discuss your enquiry.